Thursday, September 1, 2011

Can't Shine a Horse Turd

Weighted pull-ups 3-3-3-3-3 reps

45-55-65-70-80 @ 205 (+) body weight

Mixed in some burpees and thrusters afterwards to get a good sweat going in the AM.  


The Mill:  I view my handstand push ups as horse turds because they seem absolutely impossible to master.  I practice and practice, but it seems to be taking forever.  Kind of like the process of polishing one of those turds.  I worked on them again today, and they're starting to come along.  There's this apparent fear in the back of mind that I'm going to slip and potentially hurt my neck.  Talk about a huge horse turd.  These self proclaimed obstacles and negative thoughts always seem to creep in during the many attempts at a handstand push up.  Aside from a few other movements, this one pisses me off the most.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy failing time and time again, but the modification hspu's are old news.  As soon as I think about failing again I fold down from the handstand and shake it out then get back at it.  Kind of like Kevin Costner in the For the Love of the Game, when he has to "clear the mechanism", or another Costner great; Bull Durham.  In Bull Durham, he has to get the broad out of his head. It's kind of the same thing except I have completely different thoughts.  My thoughts are all over the place and sometimes downright crazy.  It's simply a matter of replacing the polishing the turd.  If you keep rubbing then it will soon be polished. Stay at it and you'll get it.












Shout out to JW and his bride to be....show her the SNOW BIRD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment