Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm A Maniac, Maniac On The Floor

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Thruster 3-3-3-3-3-3-3
135-140-145-150-155-175-190(2)

Monday, September 5, 2011
Front squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps
155-185-205-215-225

Friday, September 2, 2011
15-12-9-6-3 reps for time of:
135 pound Power clean
Bar-facing burpee

9:22.....Pukie was right around the corner.  Actually he was being suppressed from about the 5 minute mark.  Luckily JH was there lifting some crazy heavy chest and needed a spot so a little break was in order which is calculated into the total time.  I was soaked and spent after this workout and it was worth it.  It's a good thing there weren't too many people in the weight room since the burpees look like I'm humping the floor.  I'm not kidding at all.  I don't really care, but the less crazy eyes I get; the better.  However, one of the three people in the gym did laugh at me I think.  Snicker at least. Nonetheless, this was a fun, exhausting, exciting, embarrassing, and awesome WOD.

The Mill:  This past weekend I put my Crossfitting to the test as I attempted to tear up the dance floor.  You know those classic wedding songs like The Isley Brothers and some patented slow dance songs.  It was a wedding/dance party that wore me out by the end of the night, and had me falling asleep before I hit the sack.  And believe you and me we (yes we; mostly everyone there) are not good dancers by any stretch of the imagination.  Who gives a shit.  The show belonged to the one of my good friends who I have never seen dance as much as he did that night.  I found myself just standing and watching as he put everyone to shame with his unforgettable suspenders and knees move.  I would have fallen, but he had it mastered.  Hats off Chief!  Good people, good times.  The shirts were close to coming off


A few shout outs today to MM on the Crossfit Cert (3rd pic down), PM on the publication, JM on the sweet ass backyard gym, and everyone else.....

No comments:

Post a Comment