Friday, September 9, 2011

The Good. The Bad. The Ugly.

Resting 60 seconds between sets:
Deadlift 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

225-275-295-300-305-310- 310.........

That's when it ended for me.  It was quite humbling and disappointing all at the same time.  Bad form = shitty results and that's exactly what happened.  I was stuck on 310 and felt my back "go" then tried 275.  The bad form really messed up my back and the rest of the workout.  Failure is good.  Now I know that I have to practice better form and take a day off throughout the week.  I've had a hard time sticking to the three on one off rule.  Failure can breed determination and eagerness to strengthen competitiveness.

The Mill:  I am not a political guy by any stretch, and I would never claim to be.  What I think I know is that Republicans and Democrats (in Congress and the House) act like snobby children in the playground, and Michele Bachman is less than desirable.

With that said something that Obama said in last night's speech got me thinking about a lot of things, and none of them revolved around the fact that no one in office genuinely cares about the well being of this country.  The President said that we (the USA) need to strengthen our competitiveness, and strive for competitive greatness.  As a Nation.  So what I'm proposing is that Obama starts Crossfit asap!  Crossfit's specialty is not specializing which is something these parties could adopt to become leaders for the Nation.  Like I said I don't get politics, but one side stands up to clap and the other side sits shaking their head.  How is anything supposed to get done?  Crossfit is the answer to this solution.  Put both parties in the same gym and line them up to do one of the most painful WOD's of them all.  Fran (21-15-9; su** it suits).  Watch them help each other through this crazy painful, but quick, WOD.  I would like to see the President and Congressman Jack Kingston power clean, deadlift, bust out a few burpees, and possibly get a little Diane work to boost morale in the House.

Mechanics. Consistency. Intensity.  After failing at today's WOD I guess it's back to the mechanics.  Mechanics and consistency performed with intensity will allow for gains to be made.  Just like how Rocky went back to the beginning to dominate Drago and even in III when he pounded Clubber Lang.  He failed, worked harder, became consistent and dominated.  Rocky is not just a movie.  He was doing Crossfit before Crossfit was born.








Failure breeds knowledge and willingness to perform better.  Mechanics. Consistency. Always done with enthusiasm and intensity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment