Thursday, May 17, 2012

Believe In You


The Mill:  As I was doing the 5/17 WOD it felt like my body was giving in.  Or was it my mind?  It was hard to distinguish between the two in round 4.  I gave myself a goal of 10 minutes and when that clock hit the mark I was just starting round 5.  I started thinking during the last set of wall ball shots that "maybe I need to take more rest days" and "have I made any gains in the last few weeks" and "maybe it's those animal crackers that slow me down" (they are delicious though).  For that final round, final rep, I doubted the program, I questioned the program, and most of all I doubted myself.  Can't have that anytime, but these workouts always bring you back to knowing that you can and immediately buries the any doubt.  Positive. Positive. Positive. Happy Days.

The thought process of while going through this workout was draining in itself.  I began the WOD thinking I was going to crush it.  Power cleans are to me like Mario's Star Power is to him.  I just flat out don't like wall ball shots.  They're boring and hard.  Not a good combo.  But by the end of the 5th round I felt drained, sweaty, tired, and my forearms were crazy sore.  I was sporting the claw for a few minutes post WOD, but finally shook that show I could scratch my head.  The cleans got to me more than the wall ball shots which I did not expect.  Nevertheless, the workout was finished and my body was restored to it's functional capacity.  Love it!

Ah the power of the mind.  It's a beautiful thing.  Try to keep it sharp challenging your mind as much as your body. They can do amazing things together.  

These workouts never let you get too high too low.  Each workout gives a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction after it beats you down for 15 straight minutes.  The workouts always balance themselves out in the end that's for sure.  You just have to keep grinding them out.  And by the way, it's not the animal crackers.

Don't worry in case you missed it on the last post....you can donate to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital through Crossfit Hope at https://hope.crossfit.com/sponsor?id=U32284 .  100% of the proceeds benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.




Congrats JH!  There will be a picture of him in his new shirt in the next Mill.  The plan backfired a little bit, but no worries I have another one coming up soon.  I realized after I posted that there was nothing to comment about; no question, no thought provoking statement, just a blog with a list of workouts on it. And I'm thinking of a Hammer Mill t for the next one.  It'll be pretty sweet and you could support the Mill.

Show some love on Facebook with a like or share or retweet it to your all your tweeps.

#keepliving


5/17
5rds for time
10 Power Cleans, 135lbs
15 Wall Balls, 20lb ball, 10ft. target
12:46.....This is the first time that I actually used a 10ft target for wall balls.  Usually I just throw it up on the wall as high as I can.  It changes with every rep.  This was a great test/practice for the Great Lakes Challenge.  The 3rd WOD in the challenge involves a 600 meter row, 30 hang squat cleans, and 30 wall ball shots with a 7 minute cap.  Pretty excited about this one.  My brother is participating as well.  Should be a fun ass kicking.



5/15
3 rds.
15 Pull Ups
25 Squats
4:17



5/14 
Overhead Squat 7x1
135-155-175-185-185-185-185


5/10

7 minutes of Burpees
85....beat my score by 12


5/8
4 rounds
70lb DB snatch
Sprint 200 feet
6:20







5/7
For time
135 lb Back Squat, 50 reps
40 Pull Ups
135lb Shoulder 2 Overhead, 30 reps
85lb Front Squat, 50 reps
40 Pull Ups
85lb S-2-OH, 30 reps
65lb Overhead Squat, 50 reps
40 Pull Ups
65lb S-2-OH, 30 reps
37:32.....I thought this was never going to end.

Thanks for reading and following.











No comments:

Post a Comment