Friday, May 4, 2012

Donations for St. Jude's, free shirts, Happy Days!

5/3
Pipe line sprints (not sure of the distance, but the incline and terrain were crazy hard)
50 tire flips

The sun was shining and it was hot and muggy.  A perfect day to get out of the gym and enjoy the fresh air.  Work sucked afterwards, but it was worth it for sure.

5/4
Deadlift
5x5
225-245-255-275-300

I wasn't sure on how heavy I wanted to go so I settled for 300, but I know now that I could have gotten more.  Worked the deadlift movement quite a bit this week which definitely played a role in how much I wanted to lift.




The Mill:   Win a free t-shirt!  Below is the "official" shirt of the Hammer Mill.  It's pretty simple, all you have to do is leave a comment for this post and you will be entered to win the "Rise-and-Grind" shirt.  It's pretty sweet I'm not gonna lie. (Thanks Joe for helping with the design/creation)  In celebration of the 100th blog post I want to thank the readers/followers and offer something for reading this sub-par writing. Here's your chance!  Hop on board and make it happen!  The lucky winner will be announced in the next blog, and hopefully with a picture of them wearing the shirt.  (My brothers are excluded from this, but chances are they'll get one anyways.  They are my brothers ya know.)

#getafterit
Getting involved/immersed in Crossfit has allowed to be a part of something and share my experiences with the community, friends, family, and whoever else will listen/read.  Now, I want to try and give something back.  I am going to be involved in Crossfit for Hope which benefits St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  Donations of any kind would be awesome.  Feel free to sponsor me at  https://hope.crossfit.com/sponsor?id=U32284.  The workout is:



"Hope"
Three Rounds of
Burpees
75lb. Power Snatch
Box Jumps, 24" box
75lb. Thruster


To quote the website - 


"Hope" has the same format as Fight Gone Bad.  In this workout you move from each of the five stations after a minute.  This is a five minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating.  The clock does not reset or stop between exercises.  On call of "rotate", the athlete must move to the next station immediately for a good score.  One point is given for each rep.

I hope you at least give the link a look to see what it is all about.  Donations are also accepted from Canada just an FYI for all you Canadian bloggers.  $1, $5, $10....whatever you can give know that it is going to a great cause.  If you have any questions about how the donations work you can email me at  hammer.mill.blog@gmail.com.  Also, if by chance you don't win the shirt but really feel that you have to have one shoot me an email so I can see how much interest there might be.  Thank you in advance if you choose to support the St. Jude Foundation and Crossfit for Hope, and another thank you to all the readers.  I greatly appreciate it!  

Courtesy of St. Jude's and Crossfit.com 


Today is your day!  

A shout out to my wife, who is a flat out superhero.  


2 comments:

  1. Well shit, I'll leave a comment for a shirt... Great idea for the donations... Love reading the blog, keep it up.. I'm an XL haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winner winner chicken dinner.....I'll get you that XL my man

    ReplyDelete