Monday, December 12, 2011

A Little Crazy Never Hurt Anyone

12/13


3 Rounds for time of:
35lb DB squat snatch, 15 reps, right arm
15 GHD sit ups
35lb DB squat snatch, 15 reps, left arm
15 Toes-2-Bar

13:29.... My main squeeze Pukie was right around the corner.  All snatches were done unbroken mixed with some GHD and T2B made the old stomach churn.


12/12

7 Rounds for Time:

205lb. Clean, 3 reps
Handstand Push Ups, 4 reps

9:38....

The Mill:  The cleans became easier with each round which made it possible to get 2 consecutive and then 3 in a row to finish set.  On the first clean I tried it with a belt, and not a small belt either.  I hit it on the way up and pinched the belt against my cookie covered gut.  Bloody shins soon accompanied the busted gut and leaked onto the new socks.  All but one round of the handstand push ups were done unbroken.  Just keep on polishing.  They're still a work progress as is everything else, but I remember telling my wife that doing a handstand push up was one of my New Year's resolutions.  That's not typical of me to even have one, but I had to set a goal for myself or I wouldn't have done it.  I kept finding excuses not to do them.  The fear of crushing my face was always apparent, but I had to mentally get passed that fear of failure.  When I did I began practicing them as wall climbs at first then slowly progressing to hand stand holds.  And failure after failure of trying to stand upside down on my hands, finally led me to doing them in an actual WOD.  And this one was no different.  I was able to knock out 4 in a row with struggle for sure, but still got them done.

Goal setting?  What are your short and long term goals?  I have to be honest sometimes short term goals just kind of happen.  Not planned or practiced for, but rather prepared for at anytime.  Long term goals, like the handstand push ups, sometimes don't challenge you enough.  I practiced them every now and again, but as a weak spot I don't practice them nearly enough.  Have your eyes on something that may be hard to reach, but also have your sights on a goal that will make the untouchable seem more attainable.  A building block to the larger picture.  On your way to the long term goals, short term goals will often pop up and be accomplished.  Sometimes without ever noticing until after the fact.  Go get it!

More Milling:  The weight room is lonely now in the morning.  Just me.  Literally, just me.  The elders of the morning crew have replaced their cold knee aching winters with fresh warm Florida sun.  They'll be back in March with new Florida t-shirts, a little giddy up in their elliptical, and the same workout.  It works for them, though.  Every morning from March thru November the couple comes into the gym together to only part ways to mingle with the others strolling in.  So now, it's just me.  I have the freedom to do whatever the hell I want.  "Judge free" zone according to Planet Fitness.  Really?  Don't get me started on that again.

A little Britt Britt for some throwback to the high school dugout.....Don't ask me why...Brittany Spears was a staple in our dugout for the entire 2002-2003 season



Too much Brittany for one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment