Tuesday, February 21, 2012

#GETAFTERIT

2/18

3 Rounds for Time
7 Burpees
8 Pull Ups
15 Knees-2-Elbows
17 Push Ups (hand release)
29 Squats

15 minutes.....This was our Valentine's Day WOD.  We didn't have a lot of time so we turned into 3 rounds for time instead of an AMRAP.  My wife ran circles around me despite the fact that someone was using the pull up bar she wanted to use.  Each number used represents something like a birthday or anniversary so it wasn't too in depth.  Did a lot of burpees last week.

2/20


Crossfit Total
Back Squat - 350
Shoulder Press - 160
Deadlift - 340

Not overly happy about any of them, but I'll take it.  A ton of room for improvement.  Didn't PR on any of them, but I think my back squat is much better in terms of form and depth (there's that word again).

2/21

Angie
For time
100 Pull Ups
100 Push Ups
100 Sit ups
100 Squats

24:47.......  I wanted to finish in less than 25 minutes so that goal was met.  I feel as though I should have done it with a little giddy up.  The sit ups are not 3 inch movement type crunches which for me made them a little better.  The pull ups took just a shade under a decade and the rest of the workout took about 14 minutes.  Gotta get after it.
Not my hands, but might as well be.


Can't remember the date:

8 Rounds for time
10 Burpees
15 Jumping alternating lunges
20 DU's
25yd. shuttle (5x5x5x5x5)
Rest 90 seconds

25:07.....  The shuttle didn't do anything for me.  Three steps and I had to turn around and go back.


The Mill:  Well, we finally got to hit our couples WOD, and it was a burner.    We really can only get one day a week to workout together so we took full advantage this past weekend.  Like I said in a previous post, we decided to celebrate v-day with a workout and not food.  Don't get me wrong I love celebrating events with some good food (eggplant, rigs, meatballs, yeah you get the idea), but everything, all the time?  That's not for us.  One, we don't have the green to back those kind of eating habits, and B, we're already paying for a gym membership (on the cheap) so why not use it.

When I got to the gym this morning I felt rushed, tired, and excited all at the same time.  That apprehension right before you begin the WOD, like "this one is going to hurt a bit", gets me all kinds of excited, usually.  This morning was a little different since I'm a day behind on the main site.  I was doing Angie when the main site WOD was 1 rep max of bench, clean, and OHS.  Needless to say I was amped for the wrong WOD from the get go.  I was there and doing Angie the fastest I could all while thinking about cleaning and OHS's (I don't care for the bench at all).  I guess, in a way, it was good just to show up this morning.  The work was done and the soreness is felt for sure.  As long as I'm there  I might as well be doing something productive and improving.  Better than yesterday!

Get after it!  Open starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment