Thursday, February 9, 2012

Reach, People

2/4
"Rahoi"
AMRAP 12 minutes
Box Jumps, 12 reps
95lb. Thruster, 6 reps
6 bar facing burpees

6 complete rounds +18 reps....  My wife and I did this one together, and she kicked my ass.  Although she's into training for a half marathon a little anaerobic exercise won't hurt.  It was a lot fun weaving in and out of everyone at the gym.

2/6
AMRAP 15 minutes
135lb Push Press, 7 reps
135lb Overhead Squat, 10 reps
15 GHD Sit ups

5 rounds +2 push presses....  Two AMRAP's in a row?  Felt pretty goo after this one.  Another lunch time workout so it was good to have a cap of 15 minutes.  After the warm up and walk to the gym at lunch I'm already down 20 minutes so this was right up my alley.

2/7
5 Rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
185lb deadlift, 21 reps

27:54....Not very fond of the high rep deadlifts.  Took my time with these and made sure not rush the lift and sacrifice form.

The Mill: The last few workouts have been brutal, and by brutal I mean awesome.  Outside of all the deadlifts, the OHS's and push presses it was a lot of fun.  I convinced myself to finish at least 5 rounds in those grueling 15 minutes.  I thought for sure I was going to the bar on the squat, but wobbly arms and all I managed to finish the set.

I've been thinking and reading the last few days (huh oh that's a deadly combination), about various workout programs and why this one is better than that one.  Why you shouldn't do this one and do the other one instead?  It's turning into a big political debate where the only places you see positive articles about the candidate is on his/her own web page.  There's numerous workout styles out there and some are fads that will quickly fade and some are here to stay for a little while.  No worries.  I'm a conventional gym goer and try to fit it into my schedule everyday.  I'm a huge fan of Crossfit, in case you couldn't tell.  I do, however, some "diffuse" days where I'll lift the back and bi's or chest and tri's after a light MetCon workout.  Sometimes I'll run instead or do some push ups in my office (door shut, laying on the ground; what would you think) to shake up the day.  I'll always stretch because that's something I have always sucked at.  Thanks Dad!  I did own a Stretch Armstrong for a little less than 24 hours before his arms, neck, and legs snapped.  I wanted to see what was inside the most flexible man in the world.

Leave the disrespect to the politicians.  Everyone is working out how they see fit, whether it's CrossFit, running, P90X, walking, or anything that involves moving, they are all working towards somewhat of the same goal.  They may take different paths but the ultimate goal is the same.  Make yourself better.  However you want to do that is up to you.  Even a little Billy Blanks never hurt anyone.  Whatever your reason or routine are who really gives a shit?  As long as your working to be healthier and better each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment