Tuesday, February 28, 2012

GET UP YOU SON OF......

2/22

Clean 1 rep, 235 PR
Bench 1 rep, 225
Overhead Squat 1 rep, 200

Well, I haven't benched since my junior year of high school doing the Bigger, Faster, Stronger program.  We did the same four big lifts and everything stemmed from them.  Except we did a towel bench every Monday and regular bench every Friday.  Nonetheless, I don't use benching as a benchmark so it's a little behind everything else.  I was also scared out of my mind to go any heavier without a spotter.

2/24
Open WOD 12.1

AMRAP Burpees in 7 minutes

Don't waste your time watching it.  It's the same movement for 7 minutes.  

75 burpees....here's the proof.  And yes I stopped in the middle to get a drink a water.  Who does that?  I don't know what the hell I was thinking at that point.  The set up took me about a half hour to figure out, measure, and get exact.  I didn't enter the open since my video doesn't meet the standards.  The clock has to be showing, judge in the room, and so on and so forth.  That's cool though.  Training for the Festivus Games in August.  Kind of feel like Happy Gilmore training for next year's hockey tryouts.

2/25

AMRAP 25 minutes
Zimmerman
11 Chest-2-Bar pull ups
2, 315lb Deadlift
10 Handstand push ups

6 complete rounds + 12 reps....I could not muster another deadlift in the last 10 secs.  All the deadlifts were broken sets, handstands and pull ups were split half an half on broken sets.  I pretty pumped after this one.  Shins were bleeding, arms were tired...all in all it a good day.

The Mill:  A little motivational video if you feel so inclined to kick some ass today and need a little boost.  If you're a Rocky nut like me then you'll love it.  If not then you'll probably hate his terrible grammar and South Jersey accent (South Jersey; southpaw).


I received a message on facebook the other day that said in part, "isn't crazy how old we're getting".   Satchel Paige used to say "Age is mind over matter.  If you don't mind then it doesn't matter".  And he pitched successfully in the big leagues well into his fifties.  Age ain't nothing (to paraphrase Rocky).  

Keep moving forward.  Attack the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment