Monday, March 12, 2012

Rise-N-Grind

2/29

25 HSPU's
50 Toes 2 Bar
Run 800 Meters
75 lb Push Press, 75 Reps
150 DU's
29:30

3/2

Back Squat
5x5
225-245-255-265-275

This was the morning after a 6 hour flight and some driving on the west coast.  My body did not respond right away.

3/3
AMRAP 10 Minutes
185lb. Clean & Jerk, 2 reps
5 Butterfly Pull Ups (sub for rope climb)
   6 Rounds

3/5/12
"Klepto"
4 Rounds for time
27 Box Jumps
20 Burpees
11 Squat Cleans, 145 lbs.
30:35

3/7
5 Rounds for time
7 Squat clean thrusters, 35lb DB
10 Pull ups
8:49

The last 3 days have been filled with cleans, jerks, squats, and all of that put together.  

3/8
Parking Lot WOD - not timed
21-15-9-6-3
Ring Dips
HSPU's
Sit Ups

3/9

Deadlift 5x3 @ 225lbs
Push Press 5x3 @ 135

Just wanted to get a little sweat in the AM....Rise and grind.  

3/12 - Back on the east coast

Open WOD 12.3
AMRAP 18 minutes
15 Box Jumps, 24 in.
12 Push Press, 115lbs
9 T-2-B

6 rounds + 13 box jumps....229 reps....I'll take it despite the fact that the video stopped after 10 minutes.  You'll have to trust me via the honor system with this one.  I might tackle this one again sometime soon.  I'll be sure to keep you posted.  




*The correct form is hip and knee extension so I apologize ahead of time for some of the movements.  

The Mill:  Well I'm back from the sunny southwest and Arizona baseball.  All in all it was a good trip.  Missed my wife and son like crazy, but outside of that we played pretty well.  I spent each morning at Fitness Forum in Chandler, AZ getting each WOD in.  The people were crazy friendly, and very welcoming.  Everyone that I passed knew that I was an out-of-towner and they all asked where-what-and why.  However, there was one grumpy old man who didn't like anybody and voiced his opinion on the matter.  He knew he was miserable, but that's how he wanted to be.  "Those damn east coasters" was said a few times in the weight room. They had everything I needed to get each WOD done and done quickly.  I spent quite a few days there last year as well and saw the same older crew working out this year.  They didn't remember me nor did I expect them too.  Great gym to use for the week plus it was free.  Can't beat that with a stick.

Back to normal after a week away.  Bye-bye to fast food.  That isn't a Crossfit thing, it's a "I hate that shit" thing.  I walked into an Arby's (I can usually find something to fit the bill), and I almost threw up at the sight of all the nasty shit around the food and counters.  Not to worry, that quickly passed and I stomached 2 sandwiches after a day without eating. And they both had bacon on it.  Love me some bacon.

Good ol' Beggin Strips!









Go get what you want.....

No comments:

Post a Comment