Friday, March 30, 2012

Body weight, body weight, body weight

3/27 

Del
25 Burpees (buy in)
Run 400 meters w/ 20lb Med Ball
25 weighted pull ups, 20lb DB
400 meter run w/ 20lb. Med Ball
25 handstand push ups
400 meter run w/ 20lb. Med Ball
25 chest to bar pull ups
400 meter run w/ 20lb. Med Ball
25 Burpees (cash out)

26:12....I went in to the weight room with the mindset to just do some dynamic stretching and a light/low intensity WOD.  What I saw next triggered me to change my workout and do the hero wod.  My mindset went from relaxed to intense and I'm glad I saw what I saw because this workout was crazy fun.  What i saw was the workout itself.  So my rest day was moved.  The run was done on a treadmill with the ball changing positions quite frequently.  I got some looks from the other people in the weight room.  Like, who's this crazy dude bouncing around?  Then the handstand push ups really get me going since they were my horse turd about 6 months ago.  Now I've moved onto shining up the double unders.  I think a few people left because they were annoyed with what I was doing.  How are those smith machine half squats treating you?  Not that I have a problem with any style of lifting, but don't be giving me the crazy eyes from over your neck pad while adjusting your lifting gloves.

3/29
Row 2k
8:05..... I felt like I was stuck and just not moving fast.  It was a good sweat though.

3/30

Barbara
5 Rounds for time of:
20 pull ups
30 push ups
40 sit ups
50 squats
    3 minute rest after each round
2:21, 3:34, 4:34, 2:35, 4:22 (total 29:18...I think)
Ok let me explain the crazy difference in times.  My sit ups were all legit in every round but 1 and 4, between rounds 2 and 3 I felt like I was going to puke (did a little but not enough to run to the can).  My gut was hurting like crazy (rhbado?, nah).  I think a lot of the reason was because I was doing butterfly pull ups then moving right into the sit ups.  I do need to learn kipping or get better at strict before the Festivus Games in August. Managed 20 consecutive pull ups in the first 2 rounds. Anyways, this was a good one to get the morning rolling.

The Mill:    Working out on a college campus is pretty interesting to say the least.  I see a lot of different workout styles, techniques, cutoffs, and colorful attire.  So, me and my Captain America t-shirt's fit right in.  

There are a few things that I want to write, but to avoid any trouble I shouldn't write.  Remember to smile, pick those shoulders up, and when someone asks you how you're feeling tell them "awesome".  See what kind of response you get.  And maximize the day!  Don't be afraid to leave a comment, feedback, a question or anything else you can think o.  I'll respond as soon as I can.


This is our little man working on the army crawl.












No comments:

Post a Comment