Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just Easing the Tension Baby

1/27 

For Time
50 Squats, 75lbs
15 Pull Ups
40 Squats
12 Pull Ups
30 Squats
9 Pull Ups
20 Squats
6 Pull Ups
10 Squats
3 Pull Ups

10:43.... Subbed the pull ups for rope climb.  Did butterfly pull ups to imitate the rope climb movements since every effort my brother and I tried with towels, sweatshirts etc. failed miserably.

1/28

Sarah
21-15-9
225lb Deadlift
Ring Dips

6:03.... I did a little combination of Diane and Elizabeth and decided to call it Sarah.  I don't think there's one named officially for this workout on the main site.  I've done this one before, see here, and this was a PR.  Love me some deadlifts and rings.

1/29

Clean and Jerk
7x1
185-190-195-200-205-215 PR-220 (failed the jerk)

Not my best lift but definitely my favorite.

1/30

Tyler
5 Rounds For Time:
7 Ring Pulls
7 Ring Dips
21 Sumo Deadlift High Pull

16:59.... Love them rings.  Always a good way to start the day.

The Mill:  Yesterday doing the clean and jerk I had to "mark my territory" since the weight room was packed.  Others were doing the same by grabbing weights and bars and bringing them to their home away from the middle of the room.  Well, I couldn't escape the decline bench crew.  I set up shop right next to it to clean and jerk.  So there was a bar, some weight, and a little room left behind me so I didn't kick anybody or anything.  Just to put it in to perspective, I usually like to workout with minimal people around.  I was about to go bat shit crazy with the amount of people.  I'm not complaining about the number of people, I think it's awesome, just have to plan a little better.  However, one of the decliners did crawl off the bench onto the floor and laid right in the middle of the room, almost lifeless.  He was just resting so no worries.  The intensity of  the clean and jerk 1 rep max was through the roof.  A workout that kicked my ass.

He's got a baseball on his butt. 
Most of the movements that I've done in the last week or so have mainly involved strong and fast hip movements.  I told one of our guys at camp this week that hitting, squatting, cleaning, golfing are all the same.  It's all in the hips - Chubbs Peterson.

I had an unusual song in my head this morning that helped me forget about the banging of the bar for a few minutes.  It's a song that found it's way onto every Bradford Area High School boys basketball warm up "tape" since at least 1993.  The teams that I played on from 2000-2004 had it on for at least for the first minute for so. Mother by Danzig was a staple on any and all warm up "tapes".  It found it's way on somehow, someway.  But what's with the chicken in the video?  Not the doggy in the window.

Shout out to my man JH and his lifting shirts...

No comments:

Post a Comment