Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Let Yourself Go Get It

1/3
5x3 Overhead Squat
135-145-155-165-170


1/2
Fran
7:44.....Fran always blows


12/31
Ricky
AMRAP 20 mins.
10 Pull Ups
75lb. DB Deadlift, 5 reps
135lb. Push Press

8 rounds + 10 pull ups and 4 deadlifts

12/30


Hidalgo
For time:
Run 2 miles
Rest 2 minutes
135lb. Squat Clean, 20 reps
20 Box Jumps
20 Walking Lunge steps with 45lb plate held overhead
20 Box Jumps
135lb. Squat Clean, 20 reps
Rest 2 minutes
Run 2 miles



59:56...goal was under an hour.  Even if it's only four seconds.  First 2 miles were done in 14 minutes and the last 2 took me about 19.  Also, ran into a fellow xfitter at the gym.  He lifts in groups and I lift alone, and it was noticeable.  Nice to meet someone in the mix though.  The box jumps, lunges, and squat cleans were easy compared to that second 2 mile run.  Pukie was hiding around the corner for sure.


12/28
Five rounds for time of:
135 pound Deadlift, 9 reps
135 pound Power Clean, 6 reps
135 pound Overhead squat, 3 reps

15:25....


12/27
Front squat 2-2-2-2-2-2 reps
155-165-185-195-200-205


12/24
30 Pull Ups
30 Dips
75lb. Push Press, 100 reps
Row 1000 meters
17:19....managed to take one break during the pull ups and dips.  The push presses took a shade under a decade.


12/23
Run 1000 meters
100 push ups, chest-2-deck
115lb. snatch, 10 reps
20:44....the push ups landed me struggling to catch my breath and unable to lift my arms.  


No PR's but a lot of crazy ass WOD's.  


The Mill:  Not much to report from the hiatus.  My family and I had a great vacation.  Ate way too much, and I paid for it in all the body weight lifts or whenever I had to get out of bed.  Maybe I should start a diet in 2012?  Give up all the cookies?  New Years resolution's have never really been my style.  I have made some in the past with family members, and most of them happened.  I was sure that they would happen.  The ones that fell through were not that far fetched, but rather depended on someone else to come through in the clutch.  They were out my control.  Last year I decided to take small steps, and that horse turd is being polished as we speak.  I am able to handstand push ups for the WOD.  A lot of practice and frustration were a daily in occurrence in each handstand I attempted for the longest time.  But that was something I could control.  Making a resolution that depended on voting was crazy, instead it should have been what can be done to make myself better.  I can control me and my goals and how I will reach them.  Be a professional go-getter, and go get it!


Shout out to the left handed entrepreneur Shane Hvizdzak, and an early thanks for all your help.  Click on the link and see what he's about, http://www.shanehvizdzak.com/ .  Ladies, he has recently added a picture of himself to the site.  Tempted?


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it took me so long to see this! I appreciate the link, and if anyone's interested I'm pretty available and really fun before 9pm...

    I owe you a few times over now

    ReplyDelete