Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Zero Fun Sir

1/22

7 Rounds
7 Deadlifts, 225lbs.
7 L-Sit Pull Ups

12:56....I'm almost certain I did 8 rounds, but since I was bouncing around after each set of deadlifts to find an open pull up bar I lost count somewhere in the middle.

1/23

10x2 Resting 60 seconds in between sets
Shoulder Press - 135lbs.

Strength + endurance WOD....I love these ones now that I know what they are used for.  Back in September  when I was doing the deadlift version of this I loaded the bar after each set.  I read a few different ideas on this one, but I like the one where you difficult weight but doable.  This is 80% of my max for the shoulder press which means no help from the legs or hips.  Straight shoulders.

1/24

7 Rounds
7 Front Squats, 135lbs.
7 Chest-2-Bar Pull Ups

12:56......(not a typo) Chose to use 135lbs instead of the rx'd 165lbs.  My front squats have always been a little unpolished if you know what I'm saying.  I used to do them like the Big "E" did them in high school.  This was the same person who we would take bets on to see when he would go out of practice with some kind of injury.  It was bound to happen.  You know the front squat that I'm talking about with the bar loaded across your shoulders and your arms folded on top of it.  I thought that was the only way I could do it.  I used the excuse "my wrists don't bend like that" too much.  So, just like the handstand push ups, muscle ups the front squats needed a lot of work.  Squat cleans became a warm up routine to allow my wrists to become more flexible and to get more comfortable with the movement.  This was the first time I used the proper form in a met-con WOD and I could feel it for sure.   Now I love me some front squats.

The Mill:  The other day I was talking to a woman about children growing up, and the fact that they don't realize what it means to be a "grown up".  Mind you I'm 26 years old and we just had out first child about a month ago.  We cheer every time he farts, and he farts a lot.  Hell, I cheer every time I fart.  Growing up?  Her point was that her kids didn't understand the difference between growing up and having fun.  She said that they're on different levels and shouldn't be mixed too often.  I was perplexed.  But it got me going that's for sure.  I'm fun right?  Or am I a grown up in the sense that she thinks we should be?  Why can't you have fun and "grow up" at the same time?  I'm taller, hairier, and can spell.  Does that make me a grown up?  I can't wait until the little man is a little older so we can go dive in some mud puddle's  and catch crayfish in the stream (goin' crickin' around these parts).  Maybe, hopefully, we can play some baseball and crossfit together.  That will be crazy fun.  Age is just number my friend.  That reminds me of the time I went to the Dr.'s office so he could give the scars a look and tell me nothing's wrong.  I had pulled a muscle performing a deadlift early on in my Crossfit days.  He asked what I did, and I proudly said, "I pulled it, but I got a PR".  Which he replied, "You're not 18 anymore".  To which I replied, "I know, I'm 24".  I know what he meant by it, but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of agreeing with him.  It was just bad form not the amount of weight.  Age is still just a number not an excuse.  

My dad coached me all the way from little league through high school and he always said before each game, "Have some fun and get it done".


x7yzm.jpg
Prince Fielder
Thud Butt



1 comment:

  1. Premium Pulman Pvt Ltd is specially established for the manufacture of size reduction equipment (Pulveriser). This is off chute of the Parent company M/s. Precision Products. AHMEDABAD (INDIA). Hammer Mill, Industrial Pulveriser, Micro Pulveriser, Air Swept Mill, Poultry Feed Plant, Salt Refining Plant, Spices Plant, Sugar Pulverisers, Pin Mill

    ReplyDelete