Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fear of Failure Is An Opportunity To Succeed

1/9


Ten Rounds for Time of:
135lb. Deadlift, 15 reps
15 Push Ups

18:06....150 deadlifts and push ups.  I don't care what the weight is of the deadlifts that's still a crazy WOD.  Shins bled through my socks and khakis at work later on in the day.  I just had to be careful with the light weight to still use good form.  It would have been easy to not bend all the way, and bend at my back too much.  Needed to concentrate on each movement.

1/10

Nate
AMRAP 20 Minutes
2 Muscle Ups   Subbed 6&6
6 Ring Pulls
6 Ring Dips
4 Handstand Push Ups
8 DB Swings, 75 lbs

9 Rounds....Took a low intensity day with the workout.  Still worked hard through each set, but didn't move quite as fast from station to station.  The muscle ups are the horse turd of 2012.  Improve each day.

I bet Captain America could do some muscle ups.
The rings my wife and Santa bought/made me this year.  They're awesome.  A top gift, right next to the 1994 Phantom action figure.  His eyes lit up and his arms moved when you squeezed his legs.  Awesome toy.  Still have it, actually.  Don't pay any attention to Captain America in the background I just needed someone to the take the picture for me. Personally, I feel that Captain America is an extremely under played super hero all considering.  He single handily saved America from the Axis Powers of WWII.  A global sensation. Could Spiderman do that?  I don't think so.  Just cut his webbing with a cheap pair of scissors.  He-Man, maybe, but all I'm saying is that Captain America needs a little more respect/play in the super hero world.  Hence, the shirt.  At 26 years old, I went out looking for a Captain America shirt and finally found it.  But then again, age is just a number folks.

The Mill:  See the opportunity to succeed rather than the possibility of failure.  I know it's minuscule, but I need to see the opportunity to succeed at performing consecutive muscle ups.  It's going to take some time, though.  Lets see how long I can be patient with this one.  I learned my lesson about being patient and improving a skill back in high school.  I had the Quick Swing, and I tried it right it away.  Took a swing from each spot and moved my way on up.  At it's quickest, the tubing has to be perpendicular to the ground.  Well, I immediately went to that point.  I failed time and time again.  My dad told me to move it back a notch and work from there.  Master one and then move on.  Teenager taking directions from his parents?  Doubtful.  The point of this is, that I couldn't quite catch up to the professional setting.  And by "quite" I mean I missed every single one of them.  Build up to it.  Practice it, but continue to build the strengths needed.  That's the same with these muscle ups.  Hopefully I will be able to do at least one within the next few months.

"I feel my first sale coming on real soon." -Tommy Boy

Stay confident and consistent.  Don't allow the fear of failing hold you back.  Go get it.      





No comments:

Post a Comment