Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Make Something Happen

1/17
Run 5K

23:14.... A little slower than the high school days.  That was 30lbs ago and before alcoholic refreshments.  "I'm hungover and my knees are killing me"  -Jake Taylor.  I used to run Cross Country with a couple of other guys in high school.  We were simply asked to help fill out the roster so they would be able to compete.  We just had to show up to the meets on time.  Never went to practice.  Not once.  That's only because we were in our off-season for basketball and had team workouts everyday.  We were allowed to continue the basketball workouts as long as we showed up to the meets on time and finished our 5k.  The XC team was comprised of us 3 and about 4 serious runners.  The dynamics of 3 were runner, runner (Shane Hvizdzak), and rabbit.  The rabbit, JH, had (has) a good time with anything you throw his way.  He would bust out of the gates in a 100 yard sprint to draw out their best runners.  XC apparently dislikes vulgarity on their starting line.  As we lined up, myself right next to JH, he yelled, "let's kick some f@#$%&* ass".  Just like that our rabbit was disqualified.  Yep DQ'd in an XC meet.  I think I laughed the entire race.

1/16

5 Rounds for time of:
12 Thrusters, 20lb DB's
12 Toes-2-Bar

9:35... The t2b sucked worse than I remember.  The thrusters were a sub for wall ball shots, and went off without a hitch.  The gym I was at frowns upon balls being thrown at the wall.

1/14


"Tabata This!"
Tabata Row, 7
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Squat, 11
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Pull-up, 7
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Push-up, 10
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Sit-up, 11

The Tabata interval is 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for 8 intervals.
Tabata score is the least number of reps performed in any of the eight intervals. Unit for the row is "calories".

46...total


The Mill:  Well in celebration of MLK day I found one documentary about the Civil Rights hero.  The rest of the day was filled with a Pawn Stars marathon on the History Channel.  That really grinds my gears.  The History Channel of all channels I thought would have had more on than what they did.  Anyways, take a listen to MLK's "I have a dream speech".

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."





On Monday, there was a gentleman working out pretty hard, all over the weight room, grunting, screaming, and above all wearing some nut huggers.  To steal a line from Bad News Bears, it looked like he was smuggling grapes.  Very distracting for my wife (just playing).  It was a sight for the eyes.  He would "hike" them up, as if they weren't tight/short enough all ready, pelvic thrust in the mirror, and then grunt pretty much after each lift.  His shorts were as tight as my underwear if that helps out the visual at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment