Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ask Yourself?

"DT"
Five rounds for time of:
135 pound Deadlift, 12 reps
135 pound Hang power clean, 9 reps
135 pound Push jerk, 6 reps


14:55....modified a bit

I enjoyed this workout and chose to go with 135 instead of 155.  My PR push jerk is 160 so I would not only struggle with 155 but probably not be able to do all of the 30 reps required.  However, I do feel like I pushed myself in the modified WOD.  A Hero WOD, nonetheless.  Check out Tomothy Davis on the main site. 

The Mill: Weight room toughness.  I'm guilty of it sometimes and sometimes I feel like I don't belong in a new gym while I'm traveling.  I have become comfortable with the gym I use and know mostly everyone that works out there, however, have you ever noticed the "tough guy" routine in the gym.  Like he's too cool or too tough to talk to anyone.  Does a set, looks around with a snarl, does another set, looks around with yet another snarl..  Who is this guy?  We all do it at some point or another.  Like a lion marking it's territory.  A little less extreme, but along the same principles.  He walks by you at least a half dozen times without a look or a hello.  His music must be too loud to acknowledge anyone.  We don't even need the radio anymore because this guy has Enimen's greatest hits playing for everyone.

Maximize the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment