Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Industriousness

6 Rounds for time of:

50lb DB 50 yard walk 

115lb Push Press, 12 reps 

Box Jump, 12 reps 

95lb Sumo high pull DL, 12 reps


Did this one on 11/21/10 at 22:39


PR: 20:49
 -This one felt pretty good.  It was tough and painful

7/5/11
Warm up 1 mile run - 7:30
Three rounds for time of:
135 pound Front squat, 12 reps
12 Burpee pull-ups  

7:08

Both worked up a good lather. The push presses seemed to go better than they did last time.  I only had 2 or 3 broken sets with the presses.  The SHPDL was a completely different story.  They sucked.  I struggled with each set I did and was unable to finish a clean one. 
As for the burpee pull ups.....Well they were I think.  The bar was about 6 inches out of my reach so I reloaded after each burpee and jumped into the pull up. 


The Mill:  These workouts really exemplify functional movement.  There was a lot of moving parts to execute each lift and each movement.  Everyday life stuff, I guess.  Outside of the weight room I will probably never need to pick up a barbell, but I may have to lift something off the ground.  Like a rock.  I know pretty plain, but stay with me.  Maybe a rock falls on my leg/foot or I get stuck hiking; these lifts may be able to help me.  Yoga, kickboxing, pilates, or anything that develops and incorporates functional movements will be beneficial to your life everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment