Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Call In "Fit"

Eight rounds for max reps of:
75 pound Push press, 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Jumping alternating lunge, 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Post total reps for each exercise

95 Push Presses, 126 Lunges

My arms just stopped working on the push presses.  I have no idea what happened.  In the third round I could not get through eight reps.  Absolutely pathetic, I know, but the weight was never put down.  That's one more clean I would have to do, and that would have sucked even more.

The Mill:  Crossfit has a very distinct way of keeping me humble.  Not that it's very hard to do.  Every time I think a workout is going to be easy or lack intensity it kicks me in the nuts and knocks me down.  I had a pretty good feeling about this WOD when I went to bed last night.  After I did the math, I thought that I might be able to swing both around 120 reps.  Well, that was apparently a long shot in the dark. It crushed me from the moment the clock started.  That 75lbs felt like I was trying to press a deadlift.  Being humble is a value that is evident in pretty much every WOD and everyday. And this one humbled me for sure.

Try to call in "fit" tomorrow for work.  Just replace that one little word and see what happens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment