Friday, August 19, 2011

Snatch Please

"Isabel"
For time:
Power Snatch 135 pounds, 30 reps


"One snatch is good.  A few are better.  But 30 are bad".  -MM


Nothing like another benchmark WOD.  This one literally kept me up last night.  I was so excited to hit this in the AM that I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about the form.  You know the hip thrust and shoulder action that it takes to get this overhead.  All that thinking got me worried since my PR snatch is only 155lbs.  Now shit, here comes that negative thinking creeping in and it's only 3am.  I had to shake it and get back to sleep.  Finally, the alarm sounded and it was time to hit the gym.  Enough dreaming and thinking.  Now it's time to do.  Rattled off 6 straight at the beginning which is better than what I had thought.  I originally wanted to break it up into sets of 3 and with small breaks.  But started off pretty good.  I got to the halfway point at a little over 3 minutes and and finished the second in 4 minutes. 

The beach muscles were calling my name today.  I had some time after Isabel and decided to revert back to the college days when Friday's were always back and bicep day.  Moved through it pretty quick though.

The Mill:  Well last night it kind of hit me that a little more.  I was looking at baby things like cribs, pacifiers, bottles, breast pumps, and all that fun stuff.  The breast pumps are for the milk and nothing else to all my single buddies out there.  It hit me.  In a few short months I will be a father, daddy, pops, or whatever else the little guy wants to call me.  We will be decision makers not only for us but for him as well.  Sometimes I struggle with just lunch time decisions.  We're crazy excited, and I know that I am a bit nervous.  Not about being a parent just about sucking at my new gig.  While looking through the catalogs of goodies I noticed that everything is going to change real quick.  I'm excited for him to get here.  Crossfit Kids here we come (in the distant future of course).  Worrying about this stuff does me no good, and I have to remember to take care of what I can control.  Anything else is out of my control.

Congrats to Frankie on shaking off that original sin this weekend!   

No comments:

Post a Comment