Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Control and Discipline

30 Clean and Jerks








4:51.59

My goal going in was to not pass out or drop the weight.  I think that's pretty reasonable. The first set I rattled off 10 unbroken clean and jerks then I paused.  Then I was screwed.  I should have kept going and mustered out two or three more, but since when I reached 10 consecutive I picked my hands up from the bar.  I went back at it a few seconds later after the break and pushed out four, but it didn't feel the same.  From there on out they were in sets of 3 with a minimal break, and each break was filled with more shakes.  I have never finished a workout more amped than this one.  I could not calm down for the life, finally, I had to force myself to sit down and relax.  It was then that I realized that my hands had cramped to form the Claw. I mean they looked exactly like the photo, but much more painful.  

I spent the next few minutes stretching out my hands so I could just carry the weight back into the weight room.  This was my first ever time doing Grace, and it was pretty fun.  Took me to my limits as far as work capacity is concerned and that felt exhilarating. 





The Mill:  Enforce your self rules.  Whatever they may be.  Demonstrate self discipline in your everyday living.  It is most definitely a struggle at first.  If it's a ground to overhead workout then go ground to overhead and do not settle for shin to overhead.  Constant improvement in everyday life/activities, and is accomplished with a strong sense of self discipline.

Handstand push ups are coming along, but still not quite there yet.  I can get my chest up against the wall now and I'm beginning to feel more comfortable with the movement.  This an improvement from yesterday and last week in my handstand push ups. 

As I'm looking like a jack ass with my shorts sliding down my ever so pasty legs while upside down, Mick is pumping out set after set of his chest/shoulder/tri workout.  Grinding it out.   That's when I realized that I missed those hour+ long sessions in the gym once in a while.  They are a lot of fun and I still tag along with him to try and do his crazy ass routine.  Then I threw up in my mouth during an upside down push up and realized that this sucks too.  You know the little puke feeling that you get when you drink too much Hawaiian Punch after a Little League game.  Mix that with some Fun Dip and you got yourself a regular sugar party for kids.  Anyways, the push ups sucked, but I have to work at them so I can eventually do the WOD's that call on the upside downers.

No comments:

Post a Comment