Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Clean and WHAT????

For time: 12 minute max
15 Pull ups
135 lb. Clean & Jerk, 5 reps
15 Pull ups
155 lb. Clean & Jerk, 4 reps
15 Pull ups
175 lb. Clean & Jerk, 3 reps
15 Pull ups
185 lb. Clean & Jerk, 2 reps
15 Pull ups
205 Clean & Jerk, 1 rep - failed twice, went with 185 lbs.

15 and some change

I was able to get to the last clean and jerk with about 30 seconds left on the clock.  I cleaned and rested it on my shoulders to re-grip, and pushed it past my forehead.  That's where it stopped.  As soon as I put the bar down the time was up.  I took a break and went back at 12:30 minutes and the same thing happened.  For some reason I could not get it locked out either time.  So I went back to 185 lbs. about a minute later and finished with the WOD.  It was a crazy fun WOD.  I felt tested with each rep.  The bar was directly over my head and locking it out was a challenge on the last 2 sets.  It was an exhilarating lift that incorporated many movements that I have not done in a little over a week.  Now the anticipation is building for tonight's WOD.  Back to the main site tomorrow.

The Mill:  Last Friday night we were eating at Buffalo Wild Wings, and pulled in just in time to watch the first few innings of the Pirates/Phillies game.  Living outside of the netowork area, but yet close enough so that we never get a chance to watch the Pirates.  So needless to say I was unusually pumped for a bad burger and expensive wings.  The Pirates were on every TV in the joint which was not at all neck straining.  I was too excited to even notice the sea of red shirts that filled the table next to us.  Well it was more like a small lake than a sea.  This couple was crazy obnoxious on every pitch.  Not that I mind someone cheering for their team.  But these two were ridiculous.  After listening for a little while, I heard the over weight, long haired, drunken Roy Halladay say, "Why in the hell is Halladay bunting." So I said some rude comment under my breath about how she doesn't know anything about anything.  There were men on first and second with no one out mind you.  And this die hard Phillies fan is wondering why the pitcher is bunting.  After some exchanged words the bowl cut duo told us that they knew the Pirates owner and go to their house often.  I didn't ask for them to tell us any of this, but they felt the need to do so.  The woman, who was sucking down Pall Malls like it was her job, trying to make peace told us that she is a Steelers fan. She thought that would change my perception of her.  Nope.  I don't really like football so she did not win me over.  My loving wife warned me to stop talking to her, and just ignore them both.  Eventually we did after the Pirates were down 4-0 in the third.  They were cheering and we were laughing.

They rubbed in every run purposely turning around to give each other a bad form high five.  This all started because we were excited to watch the Pirates with each other, Halladay, and Hamels sitting right next us pounding down a world class bowl of cheese fries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment