Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Confidence. Focus.

Overhead Squat 3x3x3x3x3

145-165-175-185-195 (did 2 then failed on the third; regrouped and did one more @195)


It was pretty intense for all 5 sets of this lift.  I have a hard time feeling comfortable with that kind of weight overhead and really nowhere to drop it if need be.  Anyways, it is a lift that requires optimal focus on each movement.  Not only focus, but confidence is a necessity to perform this lift at a high level.  Positive self talk found it's way into a personal conversation.  As soon as something negative crept into my head I backed out from the bar to get my shit together. 

8/8/2011
Four rounds for time of:
Row 500 meters
Rest 3 minutes


1:48, 1:49. 1:57, 1:50

I progressively got slower each round.  The second round really exhausted my legs to the point where I could barely get off the rower.  My legs were crazy tight.  I went through my normal warm up routine which typically helps prevent that kind of tightness early on in the workout.  But my quads and hamstrings needed stretched between rounds so maybe it was just poor form.  Like when Hook slashes Peter Pan in the arm during the last fight scene.  Just bad form.

The Mill:  Confidence and focus.  Have confidence in everything you do.  Trust yourself and your abilities.  Refer to this blog post.  Sure there are things that you may not be confident in.  Try me.  Am I going to be a good father?  That's the unknown.  And I know I've said it before, but be comfortable with the uncomfortable, or in this case the unknown.  Embrace it and know that you will give that particular grinding task your best effort.  Your kick ass effort.  Holding 195lbs. over my head got me to this point (which isn't a lot of weight for most people).  I know that I can do it, but sometimes those negative thoughts creep in. 



Harness. Energy. Block. Bad. It's like a carousel. 




Kind of all over the place today, but deal with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment