Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Strike That; Reverse It

11/1

4 Rounds for time:
400m run
45lb DB's thruster, 5 reps
45lb DB's Front Squat, 5 reps

14:00 on the nose.....I felt pretty good this morning.  Got the eyes from someone in the weight room for bouncing back and forth. I felt like Pukie was going to make a return to the gym during the run.  





10/31

Three rounds for time of:
95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps
15 L Pull-ups
95 pound Split-jerk, 15 reps
15 Knees to elbows
95 pound Hang clean, 15 reps
15 Back extensions, with 25 pounds

19:38....had a lot of fun with this one, but I was unaware of the 25lbs for the back extensions.  Must have read it too quick.  Still a pretty gutsy WOD.  My forearms were all kinds of cramped up at the end of round 3.  Squats and jerks were all unbroken, but the hang cleans gave me some problems in all 3 rounds.  K2E became surprisingly easier each round. 


10/28

"Tabata Something Else"
Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.
Post total reps from all 32 intervals to comments.

341 total reps....gotta shake it.  

The Mill:  I usually wear a v-neck everyday under the most uncomfortable shirts and ties.  It gives me a little breathing room in the neck area.  The v-neck I wear doesn't have gold stupid ass writing on it or a sword stretching across the chest.  Why the hell would I want a  sword on my chest?  I'm not fighting for my queen in the middle ages.  It's a plain white Hanes v-neck.  Just a straight up comfortable white v-neck.  Well, I decided to use it as my workout shirt for the Tabata WOD with a little reassurance from JH that I didn't look any worse with it on.  It's a big adjustment (small step) for me.  I usually wear t's with sleeves, long sleeves, and/or sweatpants.  But the v-neck was liberating.  In the words of Kramer, "I'm out there and I'm lovin' every minute of it".   My wife hates them and I am convinced that if she could get her hands on them they would all be in the trash.  I try to explain that the "dressy" type of v-neck has almost ruined the experience for everyone else.  It's good name is being dragged through mud with all the crazy designs and colors.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The last 3 WOD's have been crazy fast paced and a little hellish to be honest.  Loved every minute of them.

Continue to move forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment