Monday, November 21, 2011

You asked for it...Shout out to TBEK 12+

11/19

Michael (modified)
3 Rounds for Time:

Run 800 M
50 Back Extensions
50 Dips (subbed for back extensions)
50 Sit Ups

27 mins. and some change

11/21

15-12-9
135 Thrusters
45lb. Pull Ups

10:42...
This WOD is like a juiced up Fran.  Less reps, but more weight.  Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

The Mill:  The only thing or person that creeps me out more than a clown is a car salesman.  They constantly smell like three day old coffee and cheap cigarettes.  Very inviting.  They're all close talkers which makes the combination of caffeine and nicotine that much more potent.  They try to be nice and connect on a personal level asking about family and activities; sometimes really personal questions.  For example, one referring to my whereabouts when our baby is being delivered.  I quickly changed the subject to hunting for some reason.  I don't hunt.  Never have, never want to.  I once shot a 22 at Conservation Camp in the 6th grade, missed the target each time which led me to believe that hunting should be left to others.  However, my archery skills proved to be dominant in the 6th grade because I walked home with the hardware.  The conversation stalled, kind of like the Buick, and the rest of the test drive was extremely uneventful.  I pictured a Kramer-type trip to the dealership, but had to settle for a ride around the block with stale coffee stinking up my potential new ride.  Nonetheless, it was a productive Saturday for the growing clan.  I don't know what's more entertaining, the DMV or the dealership.  He did his job, though.  He made it more enjoyable than it has been.  



Finish.  It's pretty simple word.  My brother, Joe, was talking about it last night.  That got me thinking.  Do I finish?  Finish a workout, assignment, painting?  Take that next step to finish.  In Mortal Combat the last line during the fight would be, Finish Him.  That's obviously the extreme, but when you're that close to completing something then finish it strong.  

Happy belated birthday TBEK!!  Work on that jump shot.....

No comments:

Post a Comment