Monday, November 28, 2011

Be A Go Getter

11/28

225 lb. Deadlift, 21 reps
21 meter Bear Crawl, pulled 250lbs
225 lb. Deadlift, 15 reps
15 meter Bear Crawl, pulled 250 lbs.
225 lb. Deadlift, 9 reps
9 meter Bear Crawl, pulled 250 lbs.

9:22....I subbed the handstand walks with weighted bear crawls since I am just now getting comfortable with the handstand push ups.  The deadlifts felt really good throughout the WOD.  I broke them into sets of 7, 8 and  7 for 15, and 9 unbroken to finish it off.  I took one extended break in the first set which set me back a few.  No worries, I still managed to get blood from my shins all over the bar.  I tried not to hit my shins, but then I would lean forward on my toes during the lift.

Mile run to finish it off....

I did manage to polish some horse turds last week.  I was able to do 4 consecutive handstand push ups before tipping over and crashing in the dance studio.  

The Mill:  Well, Thanksgiving came and went, and I drank and ate too much (everything in moderation dumb ass).  I felt extremely slow and heavy footed this morning.  Just trying to shake the weight of the holiday.  My wife and I were sitting around watching some TV the other night and this commercial came on. (Don't feel like you have to watch it in it's entirety.)


It's not so much the idea of the cult-like cover all as is the name of the baggy jumper.  "Forever Lazy". The commercial makes it look like people are have some difficulties covering themselves properly with a comfortable blanket.  As soon as my wife can speak after this commercial, she says with a straight face "I don't think Americans need another reason to be lazy."  Granted we were watching TV so technically we were being lazy too.  To our credit we were just on a 3 or 4 hour baby room rampage, and needed a break.  By "rampage" I mean that it needed to be done, and done as soon as possible.  I tried to put the crib together myself but it took me 3 days to figure out which end was the front.

Anyways, laziness can be contagious and a tough funk to get out of.  We don't need any more reasons or excuses to be inactive on a daily basis.  Shake it off.  Challenge your body, challenge your mind, and and continue to improve.

*This is not a product review since I have never zipped myself up in a blanket with matching socks.  

1 comment:

  1. i don't know: once you start putting pj onesies on the baby, you'll think "man, it would be nice to just zipper myself up inside of something warm."

    ReplyDelete